Stylish botanical print by Emmanuel le Maout, French botanist, from the book Les Trois Règnes de la Nature, published in 1852.
The name of this beautiful flower is Barbacénie À Fleurs Pourpres, or Barbacenia. They are native to the area around Rio de Janeiro.
Barbacenia Purpena, Hoemodoracées
The prints are produced on museum-quality, thick and durable matte paper.
- Paper thickness: 10.3 mil (0.26 mm)
- Paper weight: 5.57 oz/yd² (189 g/m²)
There are 3 options for your lovely print:
(1) Unframed, ready for you to choose your own elegant frame for hanging on your walls;
(2) Black Frame; (3) White Frame.
- Alder, semi-hardwood .75″ (1.9 cm) thick frame from renewable forests
- Acrylite front protector
- Hanging hardware included
All prints in the shop are reproduced from the original book, journal, encyclopedia or atlas, through careful and professional scanning. There is very little retouching made to the image after scanning, so as to retain the lovely, vintage look. Any spots or marks are a condition of the original work.
Title – Barbacénie À Fleurs Pourpres, Barbacenia, 1852, French, Le Maout botanical print